The Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom grant is available to high-need schools and districts in Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah to cover the upfront costs often associated with the startup and implementation of breakfast in the classroom and “grab n’ go” programs, such as purchasing equipment, outreach efforts to parents, program promotion, and other related expenses.
Eligible schools must meet the following criteria:
- Either 70 percent or more students qualify for free or reduced-price (FRP) meals, or else the school operates community eligibility or provision 2;
- Average daily participation (ADP) in school breakfast is at 50 percent or less;
- Able to serve breakfast in the classroom at no charge to all students after the morning bell;
- Strong stakeholder support from school leadership and staff;
- 3-year commitment to making reasonable efforts to continue the program; and
- Willingness to promote the program through social media and school district communication channels.
View a TA video about how to apply for the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom grant.
View a webinar about the grant opportunity and hear from previously funded districts about how breakfast in the classroom is working in their district.
If you have any questions about the grant, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you!