We know this is a busy time of year, with the holidays and school break just around the corner, but we don’t want you to miss your next opportunity to receive funding through Fuel Up to Play 60! The deadline to apply for funds is January 15, 2013.
Schools that are enrolled in FUTP60 are eligible to receive up to $4,000 per year, to help their school community get healthy through improving nutrition and physical activity. One of the things we love most about Fuel Up to Play 60 is the opportunities it presents to get everyone involved—students, teachers, administrators, and families.
FUTP60 funds can be used to expand and extend existing initiatives in your school, or to roll out a new program—but you must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 to apply—enroll online today!
In order to apply for funds you must be enrolled in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program; if you are not, you can enroll online. In addition to being enrolled, you must:
- Have a Program Advisor (PA) signed up at your school. You can start the application before a Program Advisor is designated, but a PA must be signed up before the application is submitted.
- Participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Complete & submit an online Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 application form (PDF)
- Complete the School Wellness Investigation (this must be complete before the application is submitted, but you can work on the application prior to the investigation)
- Secure the support and involvement of the school principal, school nutrition professional, lead physical education teacher, and the school’s FUTP60 Program Advisor
Help & FAQs
To improve your chances of being awarded Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60, review this resource page to help you plan and apply for the grant. Assess the current situation and identify your students’ needs; ask yourself where the funds can help fill gaps and maximize impact.
Learn more about the purpose of the funds, application guidelines and tips, the judging process, and more by reviewing the FAQ-style “What Do We Need to Know about Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60” resource page.